Max/MSP: VT external object
This external for max/msp is a mix between [send]/[receive], [grab] and [value] with some extra functionality. It can be easily voiced and it even improves the communication between different devices in Max4Live.
download it here (v20120913) (currently Mac only)
- It is different than [value] because you can dynamically set the name and use the auto attribute to update other instances automatically.
- It is different than [send]/[receive] because you can turn the automatic update on and off, useful for interfaces (plus it doesn’t suffer from the thread safety bug which is still there in Max 5, and it improves communication in Max for Live).
- It is different than a [grab]/[receive] construction which you could otherwise use for a shared value because it is much simpler, plus you can get feedback where else in your patch a [vt] with the same name is used.
- stability improvements for multithreaded situations
- improved thread safety (now using a separate mutex for every vt+voice combination)
- doubleclick on object gives clickable list of objects
- lists starting with a number are now properly handled
- first public version